Our team of knowledgeable dentists and oral health experts are committed to sharing their expertise through regular blog posts covering a wide range of dental topics.
Here, we aim to provide you with valuable insights, tips, and information to help you maintain optimal oral health and make informed decisions about your dental care.
Let’s see what our team prepared for you in this category.
Restorative dentistry is a category of dental procedures and treatments that aim to restore the function, health, and aesthetics of damaged or missing teeth. It focuses on repairing and replacing teeth affected by decay, trauma, wear, or other oral health issues. Restorative dentistry aims to improve the overall oral health and quality of life for patients.
The field of restorative dentistry encompasses various procedures and treatments, including:
1. Dental Fillings: Used to restore teeth affected by cavities or minor damage. Common materials used for fillings include composite resin, amalgam, porcelain, and gold.
2. Dental Crowns: Also known as caps, dental crowns are used to cover and protect a severely damaged or weakened tooth. They restore its strength, shape, size, and appearance.
3. Dental Bridges: Used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dental bridges consist of artificial teeth (pontics) that are anchored to neighboring teeth or dental implants.
4. Dental Implants: These are titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone to replace missing tooth roots. Dental implants provide a sturdy foundation for dental crowns, bridges, or dentures.
5. Dentures: Removable appliances that replace multiple missing teeth or a full arch of teeth. Dentures can be partial (replacing some missing teeth) or complete (replacing all teeth).
6. Root Canal Therapy: Also known as endodontic treatment, it involves removing infected or damaged dental pulp from the root canal of a tooth, followed by sealing and restoration.
7. Dental Bonding: The application of tooth-colored composite resin material to repair minor chips, cracks, or gaps in teeth, or to improve their shape and appearance.
8. Dental Inlays and Onlays: Custom-made restorations used to repair moderately damaged or decayed teeth. Inlays are placed within the tooth’s cusps, while onlays cover a larger portion of the tooth’s surface.
9. Dental Veneers: Thin, custom-made shells made of porcelain or composite resin that are bonded to the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance and address minor imperfections.
Restorative dentistry procedures are typically performed by general dentists or specialists in prosthodontics or restorative dentistry. The specific treatment plan will depend on the individual’s oral health needs, and it may involve a combination of different restorative procedures to achieve the desired results.
Thank you for visiting our blog category. We hope that our articles will inspire you to prioritize your oral health, adopt good dental habits, and embark on a journey towards a confident and radiant smile. Remember to check back regularly for new posts, as we are committed to providing you with up-to-date and relevant information.
At Istanbul Dental Clinics, we are dedicated to your dental well-being and look forward to accompanying you on your oral health journey.
if you’re still not sure, the good news is we are here!
There is a high chance of you only being a few dentist visits away from a brand-new smile!
Have more information; ask, consult and get a quote. Then start planning your dental vacation with help of our team and detailed guides.